Dah lama aku nak try masak seri kaya tapi macam leceh je, that is until aku google resipi dia. Eleh…kacang lah tak lah susah mana (tu diah dengan bongkak nyer aku cakap dalam hati…..) the truth is, buat dia memang senang tapi kalau tak tau nak buat gula hangus, senang apa kejadah nyer…. it took me three tries to make the caramel… sedey tau…. tapi lepas tu ……lihat lah hasil nyer…. maybe not as smooth as the store bought ones but 100% more tasty and so fragrant…
Resipi kaya ni aku dapat dari MYresipi. These are the ingredients :
- 1 cup sugar + 1 cup water – for the caramel
- 1 cup sugar + 3 egg – beat to dissolve sugar
- 1½ cups of thick coconut milk – i used 200ml box coconut milk and add water
- 2 tbsps cornflour – mixed with a little water (abt 2-3 tbsps)
- Make the caramel and put aside to cool
- Mix the eggs mixture, thick coconut milk and the caramel in a pot ( recommended to put in pandan leaves for the fragrance) and put in on the burner. Stir constantly, otherwise your kaya will not be smooth.
- After about 15 minutes put in the cornflour mixture stir for another 10 minutes and done.